|Tips to Help you have a Great Pet Sitting Experience
- Meet your pet sitter before you need them. Get to know them and ask some questions. Expect them to ask some questions too, such as:
- How many visits per day?
- How long do you want each visit/walk?
- Are there medications to administer?
- What veterinarian do you use?
- Do you have an older pet? What are its special needs?
- What and how much food do they eat?
- What are their favorite toys?
- Have enough supplies for your entire absence and then some. Stock up on preferred:
- Food and treats
- Medications and other treatment supplies
- Cat litter
- Cleaning supplies (for those little accidents that happen)
- Get clear. Explicitly negotiate the fine details of your expectations. For example:
- How much food per feeding? How many treats?
- What medications and how/when to administer
- Explain the behavioural nuances of your pet